Sunday 15 November 2015

Introduction to ESC515

Hi all,

My name is Emily MacLean and I'm currently an international educator working at Chatsworth International School in Singapore as the Education Technology Coach. This is my 3rd year at the school and I've just switched over from a Year 5 teacher into the edtech role in August. I've also worked in Beijing for a year and I'm originally from Oshawa, Ontario in Canada. 

I never thought I'd focus on technology as an educator but it sort of just fell in my lap. When I moved to Singapore, I had a 1-to-1 laptop class with students who knew way more about it than I did. I had no choice but to figure out how to use it and integrate technology in my classroom or get left behind by my students. A few years later, I'm now in the role supporting teachers integrate technology. My role consists of regularly leading professional development sessions for teachers, working one-on-one to build capacity and co-teaching in the classroom. I love the constant challenge of trying to find innovative ways to teach and creating solutions to problems. 

I feel fortunate to be able to use a variety of technologies in my school from iPads, laptops, iMacs, Interactive Whiteboards etc. I wouldn't say there is a specific tool I'm looking to learn more about throughout this course but rather how the tools can be used for various jobs across the curriculum and year groups and hearing how others effectively integrate technology. 

My Master of Education blog is available at: http://emilymacleanmed.blogspot.sg/
I will be using the hashtag #ESC515 with all my posts specific for this class. 

Looking forward to learning with everyone this term!

No comments:

Post a Comment